Friday, November 10, 2006

Snowflakes And Other Assorted Odds and Ends

Tis the season to be making snowflakes! Yup...I do it every year. I make upwards of 100+ snowflakes, slide them into Christmas cards and then send them out to family and friends. My grandmother started the tradition when I was a little girl. When she died there were a number of years we didn't have a new snowflake on our family tree...But quite a while back, I decided to revive the tradition. Now I'm the family snowflake maker, I create a different design every year as no two snowflakes are ever alike! Makes sense it would be me to take over the snowflake job, I was the only one who learned how to crochet! I'm hoping my niece Sarah will take it up when I'm no longer able to make the Christmas snowflakes....So far she's like me in so many ways, and she has the "gift" for picking up whatever medium she wants to express herself in and making it happen....Beautiful girl both inside and out and I love her dearly.

Aside from son Bryce making the honor roll once again...(Amen! third grade is really tough!) There's not a lot going on here. I've been working and chasing this project and that project. Bryce has his karate classes and trips to the tennis courts. Yes, tennis courts...I'm not sure if I've shared that with my family, but yes, he enjoys tennis and he's pretty good at it. I've considered lessons for him, but with school being so challenging this year, I'm hesitant to put more on his plate. I think for right now we'll just leave it as is and just let him knock the ball against the backboard for a while. Brian is in his senior year--with all the twists and turns that go with that...Mercy busy time! I will add I've failed miserably in the "My Mom can drive" catagory....My kids don't say "my Mom can drive"....My kids say.."My Mom can make, can bake, can sew etc..."! Such faith in my abilities...I suppose I should be grateful for that faith....I'm working on it-- in between making pies for bake sales and crocheting skull caps for auctions!
I'm sincerely hoping to get some pictures of my projects on here this weekend--And then get said projects in the mail FINALLY. I don't know what the heck happens to me in that last step--I liken my postal habits to my laundry habits...I'm really good about washing, drying, and folding up the laundry, but something happens in that "put it away" step...It's like there's a complete breakdown. Perhaps I have some sort of traumatic childhood experience with laundry I can't recall---Hmmm..Maybe that's why I can't make it to the post office--I have postal depression! I know I know...Bad, really bad!

I have a number of patterns headed to various publications in the next few months...Yes I'm excited...Having had two of my designs picked up, I'm eager to get more of them down in writing--The toughest part is finding testers! Though I did find a site a while back with willing testers...Which made for an ever so happy Stitch Witch! Crochetville is the site...I can't get enough of it! There's SO much info and such friendly exchanges among the forum members. I love being there. If you're ever talking to me online and I get quiet, it's pretty well a safe bet I'm on that site soaking up my crochet junkie fix....Great site, great people!(Well, I'm either on that site or playing Scrabble--yes I'm a wordfreak, I wear it loud and proud!)

Ta Dearies...Back to stitchin.....

No comments: