Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Once Upon A Time There Was This Hooker.....

Minds out of the gutter people...Not THAT kind of hooker-- A crochet hook! For those of us addicted to hooks and yarns, wishing one another Happy Hooking is not taboo, in fact it's almost expected!
Where to begin.....

So...I've been busy...I found a luscious yarn and I just can't get enough...It's called Symphony and it's made by Red Heart...Now I'll admit, I'm a yarn snob from time to time....Let's be honest here, like a lot people I make the jump to Red Heart being Walmart standard issue...Truth is Red Heart produces some beautiful designer yarns..(I discovered Tiki yarn over the summer, yet something else for another time!)...This Symphony stuff...oooh so nice. I would not recommend it to the beginning crocheter or knitter...It's somewhat temperamental and has a tendency to knot up easily...However it does produce an absolutely gorgeous halo effect for whatever garment in the making. I've been on a scarf kick as of late...I don't know why...I just have...Scarves and baby clothes...Anyway...back to the Symphony yarn...It's lightweight and is spun with a thin black thread throughout the fibers creating a sort of speckled look when it's worked up. The speckled look combined with the halo effect leads me to believe this yarn could easily be made over into crocheted haute couture....So there you have it...How I'm spending my evenings at present...Crocheting....and quilting...We'll talk about the quilts later...Coming along nicely, but not as fast I would like...I've lost my quilting stitch zip speed...Man getting old mega sucks!

No comments: